Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Joshua's New Look

New Outfit Old Outfit

In order for Joshua to fit into the Tekken universe I had to change his outfit. His old hospital uniform seemed a bit nerdy and lets be honest if I saw him on the character select screen I wouldn't pick him. I had to design a new outfit that would classify Joshua as a dedicated student as well as a skilled fighter. I wanted his outfit to be black and white to keep that sort of, "doctor in training" look and I added the greenish medical tie to go with it. There were a couple of key Tekken elements that I had to include in his outfit.



As you can see Tekken character outfits can range from extremely stylish to extremely bizarre. So I feel this outfit can safely exist in the Tekken universe.


I've noticed that no matter how stylish a character's outfit is, they must have fighting gloves. That's why I put some on Joshua.


I was also influenced by the style of Robert Downey Jr. and the character of Tony Stark that he plays in the Iron Man movies. His style is classy but playful at the same time. His collar shirt that he doesn't button up all the way and his boots with his nice suit, suggests he doesn't take himself too seriously but is still a master of his craft. I wanted Joshua's design to say this about him. This is why I have boots with his outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment